Arsenal news and gossip is coming in thick and fast and Sportarena is on hand to bring you all the very latest from Emirates stadium.
Arsenal made move for Sao Paulo striker Brenner
Arsenal have reportedly joined the race to sign Brazilian starlet Brenner after his fine form but will be up against stiff competition from five clubs including Juventus and PSG.
The 20-year-old is the latest Brazilian starlet generating interest from top clubs across the Europe after blitzing his way to 15 goals in all competitions this year and proving crucial to help the club stay unbeaten since September.
And according to Italian publication Calciomercato claimed the Gunners are looking at the 20-year-old, who has supposedly wowed Mikel Arteta.
Brenner, 20, who have a £45million release clause in his current contract also monitoring by likes of AC Milan, Juventus and Lazio, with clubs from overseas such as Paris Saint-Germain and Ajax also keen.
But a growing Brazilian contingent at the Emirates with David Luiz, Willian, Gabriel Martinelli and Gabriel Magalhaes all first-team stars included technical director Edu Gasper might be a big lure for the talented Brenner to north London club in January transfer window.
Edu holds talks with Szoboszlai’s agent ahead of January transfer window
Arsenal have stepped up their interest in RB Salzburg midfielder Dominik Szoboszlai, with technical director Edu has reportedly held talks over the signing of the Hungarian international.
According to Football London, claimed Gunners technical director Edu is keen to strengthen Mikel Arteta midfield options by signing a creative midfielder Dominik Szoboszlai, who played 13 games this season in all competitions, and has scored five goals and has provided nine assists.
The Brazilian is intent on adding a playmaker, after Arsenal missed out on the signature of attacking midfielder Houssem Aouar from Lyon.
However, the Gunners did manage to sign Thomas Partey from Atletico Madrid on deadline day and Edu is thought to be keen on Dominik Szoboszlai as he looks to complete an overhaul in midfield.
Latest updates on Thomas Partey injury problems
The 27-year-old, who was signed for £45m from Atletico Madrid in the summer transfer window, came off against Aston Villa with a thigh problem at half-time, with the game at 1-0.
It appears early assessments of Thomas Partey’s injury are more serious than Arsenal had hoped as Goal reports he will not be will not joining up with the Ghana squad during the international break.
Earlier this week, Mikel Arteta said: ‘We don’t know [the extent] of it. ‘We have to scan him tomorrow or the day after and see what he felt straight away.
‘Let’s wait and see what the magnitude of the injury is.
‘I don’t know [if he will go away with Ghana now]. As I said, the doctor will have to have a look at him and probably scan him.
‘Then we will decide what to do with him.’
But according to Ghana Football Association (GFA) Communications director Henry Asante Twum, he claims they are still waiting to hear from Arsenal if Thomas Partey will be available for the international games or not.
‘We’re expecting information on Partey today from Arsenal whether he’ll be available for the Black Stars or not in the doubleheader,’ he told Nhyira FM on Tuesday.
Either way, Mikel Arteta’s side will hope Partey is fit for the Leeds game as he was particularlyimpressive in his side’s 1-0 win at Manchester United, the first time they had won at Old Trafford in 14 years.